How to combat Online Trademark infringement?
it is no surprise that trademark infringement can happen frequently on the site.
e.g. Amazon :
There are several ways that trademark or brand infringement may occur on Amazon Marketplace. To prevail on a trademark infringement allegation, a party must prove that:
- it owns a valid trademark; and
Filing a notice of infringement
- the defendant’s use of the trademark is likely to cause confusion.
Along with its brand registry, Amazon also offers trademark owners the ability to file a notice of infringement. If the trademark owner is enrolled in the registry, it can use the ‘report a violation’ tool to report an allegedly infringing product listing. If the trademark owner is not enrolled, it can still submit a written notice of infringement. The written notice should include:
- the specific identification of the mark that is infringed;
- the nature of infringement;
- a list of infringing products, using either ASINs or URLs; and
- additional information to help Amazon better process the complaint.
There are no products to list in this category.